Tuesday 29 October 2013

Lehsuni / Garliky Palak

Palak invariably reminds me Popeye, flexing his muscles, all very powerful after a dose of spinach. I was never a big fan of palak. But since, I discovered the lovely combination of onion and yogurt working its magic with palak, I have become very fond of these green leaves. Add to this sauteed garlic and cream and you have a winner!
Thank you Shobha for the lovely lehsuni palak. I loved it. I was paired with Shobha for this month's Potluck Party, Cyber Style. Here it goes-

 
I have made few changes. 

This recipe is for 2 people
Ingredients:

1/2 bunch palak (big)
2 small madras onions / one medium regular onion, roughly chopped
3-4 cloves garlic- crushed
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup curd
2 pinches turmeric powder
2 pinches cumin-coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste

For garnish (optional)
1 tbsp fresh cream


Method:
1.Blanch palak in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove excess water.
2.Grind blanched palak leaves and onions into a smooth paste.
3. Heat butter in a pan and saute crushed garlic for 30 seconds. Now add the paste. Add turmeric powder,  cumin-coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well.
4. Cook for 8-10 minutes on a medium flame. Add water if necessary. But do not make it runny.
5. In the meantime, whip the curd till smooth. Add to palak. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add salt to taste and mix well. Turn off the heat and garnish with fresh cream.
7. Serve hot with parathas or phulkas.


I participate in Potluck Party Cyber Style at Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey


2 comments:

  1. Garlicky palak looks so delicious and tempting. finally I am able to comment at your space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linsy :) Am happy u are able to leave comments now!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed the posts. Do leave a comment and let me know!